Old August 13th 09, 10:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default King's Cross Northern Ticket Hall - Pictures

On Aug 13, 9:32*pm, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Four of the platforms show identical destinations for the next three trains,
but tell you the time of the trains without telling you the time now. The
westbound Picc gives you the time of two trains to T4, but no indication of
the time of the next train to T5. The northbound Northern Line happens to
currently give you time of the next Mill Hill East train, but often would
give you no clue. I bet that thing cost them 100k, but it's partly wasted
because LUL always think about platforms and trains and never look inside
the head of a passenger.

ITYF that this is test data and it hasn't been connected to the system
(I'm fairly sure that the live board won't say "stop looking at this
board and get back to work, either). When it has, it'll work like
every other ticket-hall-level board on the system and say "Morden 5
mins, Kennington 7 mins", etc.

The LHR point is fair, but hard to do anything about until the Picc
signalling is updated. The MHE one isn't: if you need to go there, you
know you take the first High Barnet train and change at Finchley
Central.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org