Old August 14th 09, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 06:30:18AM -0700, TimB wrote:
On Aug 13, 12:11 pm, David Cantrell wrote:
There's the small problem that while I can leave my car unattended on
the street it doesn't get stolen, because it's too heavy to lift and is
easily traceable, while if I were to leave a bike unattended on the
street, it would be. And there's nowhere else to leave it, because I,
like an awful lot of people, live in a small flat.
Cycling is *not* a viable alternative for an awful lot of people.

Well, you might hope for the odd car parking space to be removed and
replaced with stands for a dozen bikes. It happens occasionally....

They'd still get nicked.

A folder is also handy for carrying up to a flat.

No it isn't, and I've explained why before. Even folded they're still
quite big and get in the way. I have better uses for my limited space.
Also, I don't trust folding bikes to stay unfolded, and no bike is
reliable enough.

NANOG makes me want to unplug everything and hide under the bed
-- brian d foy