Old August 14th 09, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 06:33:07PM +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, David Cantrell wrote:
There's the small problem that while I can leave my car unattended on
the street it doesn't get stolen, because it's too heavy to lift and is
easily traceable, while if I were to leave a bike unattended on the
street, it would be. And there's nowhere else to leave it, because I,
like an awful lot of people, live in a small flat.

Have you heard of these things called "locks"?

Funny man. Have you heard of these things called "bolt cutters"?

A lock is sufficient, I am sure, if the bike is left in a busy area
where a naughty fellow would be seen cutting the lock off. It is not
going to be sufficient at 4am on a Monday night on a residential street.

--
David Cantrell | semi-evolved ape-thing

[OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
-- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery