Old August 14th 09, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Walk-through trains

David Cantrell gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

There's the small problem that while I can leave my car unattended on
the street it doesn't get stolen, because it's too heavy to lift and
is easily traceable, while if I were to leave a bike unattended on
the street, it would be. And there's nowhere else to leave it,
because I, like an awful lot of people, live in a small flat.

Have you heard of these things called "locks"?

Funny man. Have you heard of these things called "bolt cutters"?

A lock is sufficient, I am sure, if the bike is left in a busy area
where a naughty fellow would be seen cutting the lock off. It is not
going to be sufficient at 4am on a Monday night on a residential street.

It's odd. I'm sure I recall Duhg regularly claiming that car owners are
fools for leaving cars parked in public, since they were liable to be
stolen - and that that was a reason why people should use bikes instead
of cars...