Old August 14th 09, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:21:12 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
the heavy batteries. And that's before we ponder the fire risk from a
quarter of a tonne of Li-ion batteries under the floor -- see this
staged reconstruction of what happens when a far smaller laptop battery
explodes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeWq6rWzChw

Mind you , to flip that on its head imagine the howls of fear and indignation
there would be if we all currently drove electric cars and someone was now
proposing to sell a car that ran with up to 50Kg of a highly flammable and
potentially explosive hydrocarbon liquid sitting in a tank behind the back
seat?

B2003