Old August 14th 09, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, David Cantrell wrote:

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 06:33:07PM +0100, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, David Cantrell wrote:
There's the small problem that while I can leave my car unattended on
the street it doesn't get stolen, because it's too heavy to lift and is
easily traceable, while if I were to leave a bike unattended on the
street, it would be. And there's nowhere else to leave it, because I,
like an awful lot of people, live in a small flat.

Have you heard of these things called "locks"?

Funny man. Have you heard of these things called "bolt cutters"?

A lock is sufficient, I am sure, if the bike is left in a busy area
where a naughty fellow would be seen cutting the lock off. It is not
going to be sufficient at 4am on a Monday night on a residential street.

Presumably, you speak from experience, or have statistics which make you
think this? It's just that i've left my bike overnight in all sorts of
places, quiet and otherwise, and it hasn't been nicked, and it sounds to
me a little bit like you might be talking out of your arse.

tom

--
We refuse to believe that there is no man out there on this planet that is
able to eyaculate a yogurt on a daily bases. -- the5litresexperiment.com