Old August 18th 09, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Walk-through trains

In message , at 11:36:53
on Tue, 18 Aug 2009, David Cantrell remarked:
As it's an open plan estate, it is unfenced. The issue of open plan
was discussed early on in the other thread. Do keep up!

I have no idea what you mean by "open plan estate". Certainly not
anything that matches any of the four common meanings of "estate" -
those being: a large parcel of land owned by a single person; a modern
development of ugly little houses; a type of car; the entire property of
a person.

What? It's quite clearly the housing development. And it depends what
you mean by "modern". I was brought up on one, built in the 60's with
quite large houses by 21st Century standards, and it was prohibited to
fence your front gardens (if you had a corner plot, you were allowed a
fence at the side, but not one that was nearer the pavement than the
edge of your house).