Old August 18th 09, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Aug 12, 7:40*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:15:51 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:

True, or at least "true so 'tis claimed". I imagine that squishing a
2009-stock to fit the Bakerloo loading gauge and adjusting the
equipment used to produce the 2009 stock to produce the squished stock
would be significantly easier than designing a Tube gauge train and
setting up a production line from scratch, though.

I think that all rather depends on assumptions about what sort of tube
train design LUL might desire for the Bakerloo Line fleet .....

A train designed for an extended Bakerloo line would be nice...

If apparently the 09 stock did get dragged through the piccadilly line
tunnels without incident then we can't be talking much difference between
09 and other tube stocks can we? Maybe a few centimeters one way or the
other at most which surely wouldn't make much difference to equipment?

Did it arrive that way? *I thought it was delivered by road rather than
rail and then across the tube network. *I'd genuinely like to know the
answer to this so if anyone can point me at the facts it'd be good.

My understanding is they came by road - seemingly confirmed by the