Old December 25th 03, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default reducing congestion

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Cast_Iron wrote:

So of all the people who commute into London by car (of which there is

still
a significant number I understand) none of them work in the vicinity of
Charing Cross? Seems a bit unlukely to me, especially as at least one

office
block along the Strand has it's own sub-surface car park.

Of course some people commute to that area by car. However, I'd expect
most (if not all) of those people to be commuting from other parts of
London.

London has an extremely large "travel to work" area that extends well beyond
its boundaries, so yes some people who work in central London certainly
commute from other parts of London, but there is a significant number who
live well outside.