Old August 18th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Parking at Edgware

On 12 Aug, 10:34, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

The message
from Roland Perry contains these words:

In message
,
at 05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:

I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The
Mall). Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are
free for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

Street parking in Edgware is metered until 1am, seven days a week... is the
car park free before 1am?

Really - 1am! Wow, that's late, I am surprised about that. Where else
in Greater Londinium does such a late controlled cut-off apply?

OK, I was curious enough to try and look for info on LB Barnet's
website - on their CPZ page they refer to their mapping service - to
see the map I to use Internet Explorer, which then complained about an
ActiveX control which had to be downloaded separately from the
provider's website in order to make it work. Point being, the key in
the map didn't seem to suggest that anywhere was controlled until 1am
- it's quite possible however that I'm looking in the wrong place, as
I didn't really find the map to be very user friendly!

LB Barnet CPZ page:
http://www.barnet.gov.uk/index/trans...-parking-zones