Old August 18th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Parking at Edgware

On 16 Aug, 18:21, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

The message
from "Basil Jet" contains these
words:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

The message
from Roland Perry contains these words:

In message
,
at 05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:

I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The
Mall). Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are
free for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

Street parking in Edgware is metered until 1am, seven days a week... is the
car park free before 1am?

I think it's free once the shops close, but I'm not sure.

No specific information on the website of the Broadwalk shopping
centre - it does however seem to confirm it is open 24/7 and is
monitored - see the bottom of this page:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/opening-hours.aspx

The specific car park page shows some prices, but has no info about
overnight parking - see:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/.../car-park.aspx

I'm tempted to think that if it's monitored all night, then it will
charge - however it might simply be monitored from the shopping
centre's CCTV control room or some such.

One could always try calling up the shopping centre's management
office - details below:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/contact-us.aspx