Old August 18th 09, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Walk-through trains

In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On Aug 12, 7:40*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:15:51 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
John B wrote:

True, or at least "true so 'tis claimed". I imagine that squishing a
2009-stock to fit the Bakerloo loading gauge and adjusting the
equipment used to produce the 2009 stock to produce the squished
stock would be significantly easier than designing a Tube gauge
train and setting up a production line from scratch, though.

I think that all rather depends on assumptions about what sort of tube
train design LUL might desire for the Bakerloo Line fleet .....

A train designed for an extended Bakerloo line would be nice...

Wasn't the 1949 tube stock designed for that?

--
Colin Rosenstiel