Old August 19th 09, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Walk-through trains

On Aug 19, 7:19*am, asdf wrote:

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:15:17 -0700 (PDT), Mizter T wrote:

If apparently the 09 stock did get dragged through the piccadilly line
tunnels without incident then we can't be talking much difference between
09 and other tube stocks can we? Maybe a few centimeters one way or the
other at most which surely wouldn't make much difference to equipment?

Did it arrive that way? *I thought it was delivered by road rather than
rail and then across the tube network. *I'd genuinely like to know the
answer to this so if anyone can point me at the facts it'd be good.

My understanding is they came by road - seemingly confirmed by the

Same here - IIRC they don't fit through the Picc tunnels, so if they
need to go to Acton Works, they'll have to go by road. This
effectively makes the Picc-Vic connections at Finsbury Park redundant
(except maybe for engineering trains?). I don't have a specific
reference off the top of my head though, so I could be wrong.

Have these connections been used for anything other than engineering
trains for the past several years though?