Old August 19th 09, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default De-bendification of 507

wrote in :

On 18 Aug 2009 19:32:26 GMT
James Farrar wrote:
David Cantrell wrote in
.uk:

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 08:32:34PM +0100, Chris Read wrote:

Anyone have horror stories of gross overcrowding, or Victoria bus
station overwhelmed with the frequency of the service?

Victoria bus station was horribly overwhelmed on Saturday when I
wanted to catch a bus there, but the gridlock was more caused by the
roadworks on Buckingham Palace Road than anything else, I think.

It was dreadful the previous Sunday too - in the end my GF and I ended
up getting offf the bus we were on two stops early and walking. Part
of the bus station itself was closed too.

Unless you're completely cash strapped why subject yourself to long
distance poverty travel in the first place? Get a train.

Bayswater to Victoria is "long distance"? What's a short distance?