Old August 20th 09, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default De-bendification of 507

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:55:09 +0100, Tom Barry
wrote:

Actually, does anyone
have the National's seat/standing ratio figures?

28 seats and 46 standees in Red Arrow mode
36 seats and 27 standees in normal configuration

This is for the Leyland National 2 before they were "East Lancs
Greenway" converted. Source from a book dated 1993.

Thanks Paul - my Red Arrow crib sheet now reads:

Bus Seats Stands Total %sts %stnds stnds/sts ratio
MBS 25 48 73 34% 66% 1.92
N/nal2 28 46 74 38% 62% 1.64
CitaroG 49 100 149 33% 67% 2.04
MEC 21 76 97 22% 78% 3.62

From which it looks like the best seat ratio was indeed the National 2
and by far the worst is Boris's Cattle Truck. It also shows quite how
many more people you have to carry on 21st century Red Arrow routes,
which was rather my point. There were apparently only 41 Greenways in
total for more routes back in the day, while the two remaining routes
will need 49 much bigger capacity buses between them.

Tom