Old December 25th 03, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Edward Cowling Edward Cowling is offline

Default Buses Acceptable ?

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Edward Cowling wrote:

What is the overall perception of them out there in Internet land ??

They're fine to use, they just don't cover long distances quickly. It
would take me at least an hour to get to work by bus; when everything
works properly, it takes 30 mins by rail and tube. They seem more prone

random variations in travel time than the tube, too, traffic being a wild
and unpredictable beast.

I must admit that my original message was fairly tongue in
cheek. I had heard someone wax lyrical about the buses under
Ken, and wondered if it was all eyewash.

I must admit to being very surprised and encouraged by the
the transport for all of us. Now of course he has to bring the
Tube back up to it's former glory.

--
Edward Cowling - London - UK