Old August 22nd 09, 05:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default OT - Rail passengers are stranded by sat-nav

http://www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk/ne...nded_by_satnav

Some years ago, I was on a rail-replacement bus in suburbia chatting to the
driver, and he showed me his hand-written route description, which had been
given to him by a colleague. It went through several tiny roads and tight
corners which can barely take a car, and in some places jumped from one road
to another which did not adjoin. Since I had once accompanied a friend who
used to drive this particular rail replacement, I showed him the right route
for the first half, but had to leave him to it after I alighted. I was
surprised that the process was not systematic, but nothing seems to have
improved.