Old August 25th 09, 03:51 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Paddington H&C - Crossrail related changes

1506 wrote:

Thank you for posting Paul. I really appreciate seeing this
information. Somehow I had gotten the idea that the Paddington
Crossrail platforms were going to be on the other side of the mainline
platforms, under the cab road.

If Crossrail is going to be over on the north side I think
consideration should be given to cross platform interchange with the
Hammersmith and City.

But the Crossrail platforms WILL be on the south west side of the station.
That is a separate contract, this work is a previously unknown feature
AFAICT, at least as far as publicly available info goes.

What isn't really explained is if the major interchange route is to be below
the main line platforms - it seems the most logical solution to me...

Paul