Old August 25th 09, 07:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[.n][_2_] [.n][_2_] is offline

Default Annual Season Ticket : Colchester - London All Zones

"Mizter T" wrote in message

I've tried the one (to me) fairly obvious tactic of trying to see if a
Colchester to Stratford and then a Z1-2 Oyster travelcard (there doesn't
seem to be a Z1 only travelcard) would make it cheaper.

First things first - a zones 1&2 Travelcard would *not* cover the
journey from Stratford into Liverpool Street/ central London because
Stratford is in zone 3!

[.n] - Whoops - my mistake!!! I had thought it was a Z2 station.

I've not really worked out the actual feasibility of this for me but its
possible that COL-KPA (Kensington Olympia) is an alternative to an All
Zones
travelcard

Any suggestions at all please?

It would be helpful to know what your regular journey is - a rail-only
season ticket from Colchester to London plus using Oyster Pay-as-you-
go for your Tube and/or bus journeys might work out cheaper, but it
all depends on the specific journey in question and how often you make
other journeys etc etc etc

[.n] - I mostly travel from Colchester (and to confuse matters - I've also
been considering the PlusBus addon for £500) to High Street Kensington. I do
do other journeys occasionally, but that's my main commute - hence the
possibility of travelling to KPA