Old August 26th 09, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Email from TfL

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:14:33 +0100, Chris Read
wrote:
iv) I wonder whether non-locals thought these 'special' buses had higher
fares etc.

They did once. 503 was the best bus for my journey to school but I didn't
like paying the extra (new) penny (or was it 1 1/2p?). I usually got a 76,
which was cheaper but involved more walking, especially if I didn't manage
to hop off at the lights.

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.