Old August 31st 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jonathan Harris Jonathan Harris is offline

Default Oyster PAYG: zone 2 to zone 1 via zone 3

On 31 Aug, 00:28, wrote:
In article ,

(neverwas) wrote:
You do touch in at Stratford on the interchange gateline at the end of
the Jubilee Line platforms and this could register the fact you go
through Zone 3.

My mistake. *Might it be that I had in mind as "touch-free" the
change between NLL and Central line?

The Jubilee platforms at Stratford are almost a separate station for some
reason.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

At present, it is likely that Homerton - Stratford - Jubilee - Zone
1 will be charged as Zone 2 - Zone 1 since Zone 2 - Zone 3 costs less
than Zone 2 to Zone 1 but the reverse direction will charge Zone 1 -
Zone 3 when you touch the gates at Stratford. Is there any reason for
an unexplained journey when touching out at Homerton? I can't see
any.

Just like you can go from Clapham Junction - West Brompton - Euston
(LUL) - Euston (NR) - Watford Junction (NR) for £2 off-peak (charged
£1.60 at Euston (LUL) then the remaining 40p at Watford Junction) but
travelling this route in the reverse direction will cost £4.00 off-
peak at the Euston (NR) barriers and then no further charge at Clapham
Junction.

Presumably, changes to take account of routeing will introduce a
specific Clapham to Watford via London fare. I have done Richmond -
Willesden Junction - Euston -Watford Junction for £1.10 not touching
in at Euston. Is this wrong? At present, Oyster fares are based on
start and end point with no requirement to specify your end point
until you get there - does the route / doubling back matter?

Jonathan