Old September 4th 09, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default OT - concrete effect

"Bruce" wrote in message

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:39:21 +0100, "michael adams"
wrote:

The preservation of the wooden texture of the shuttering as a design
element
is a feature of much New Brutalist architecture. And first really
came to national prominence\notoriety in the UK with completion of
the the National Theatre
Hayward Gallery complex on the South Bank

What's that I hear? Oh, it's the sound of an axe being ground. ;-)

Well, FWIW, I thought that raw, rough finished concrete was hideous when
it first started to appear in the 1960s(?), and still do. Perhaps it
works in Arizona, but not in Britain's damp, cool climate.