Old September 4th 09, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default PAYG on FCC north of Finsbury Park

On Aug 12, 9:54*pm, Martin Deutsch wrote:
On Aug 11, 6:32*pm, John B wrote:

In the meantime, we need a guinea pig with a PAYG card and no
Travelcard loaded to touch in and see what happens...

I took a detour on my way home this evening, and gave it a go myself
(stopping via Finsbury Park, where I also touched out at a standalone
reader, and bought a paper ticket just in case)

And... it seems to have worked.

I went down to Wood Green tube and got a journey history printout,
which shows Wood Lane - Finsbury Park (at £0.00) followed by Wood Lane
- Alexandra Palace at £3.80, then the next line says *cap applied*.
This price is also the same as the z1-3 PAYG off-peak cap with
Railcard discount, most of which makes sense.

Just to add - I've had a look at the 8-week journey history from the
Oyster helpline, and the Finsbury Park - Alexandra Palace journey is
missing; though the balance has been adjusted accordingly.