Old September 4th 09, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default OT - concrete effect

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:01:25 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:27:28 +0100
"Recliner" wrote:
What's that I hear? Oh, it's the sound of an axe being ground. ;-)

Well, FWIW, I thought that raw, rough finished concrete was hideous
when it first started to appear in the 1960s(?), and still do.
Perhaps it works in Arizona, but not in Britain's damp, cool climate.

Depends where it is and how its maintained. The concrete parts of the
Barbican I think look quite nice.

Yes, they do look better, but still rather depressing on a grey day.

If you want to see "board marked finish" (technical term) at its very
best, visit Bristol's Roman Catholic Cathedral, located in Clifton.
The interior features a lot of board marked white concrete, and most
people seem to like it.