Old September 5th 09, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Brompton Road to re-open?

wrote on 05 September 2009 13:49:59 ...
The link is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/london/h...00/8236894.stm

Transport in London is so politicised (for better or worse) that interesting
the Mayor and the Assembly (or even Kensington & Chelsea council, though
local councils do not run LUL) is much more likely to lead to results than
lobbying LUL.

That has not been my experience in similar circumstances elsewhere on
the Piccadilly Line. The politicians can facilitate discussions about
such proposals, but the cost-benefit balance has to be right before you
get a result.

--
Richard J.