Old December 28th 03, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Oyster Annual and Extension Tickets - a problem?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 08:41:09 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:27:09 +0000, Jim wrote:

I currently have an annual travelcard for Zones 2,3,4,5 and travel
between Harrow on the Hill and Highbury & Islington, using the North
London Line from West Hampstead or Finchley and Frognal. I understand
the idea that the Oyster will be "clever" and deduct credit if I go
into Zone 1 but if I beep my new Oyster in at Highbury, there is no
NLL to beep in out of, beep it in at West Hampstead Jubilee and out
at Harrow Met, how will it know I have used the North London Line?

Your example shows that you have a valid ticket for your whole trip -

you will enter a gate at Harrow, exit at West Hampstead, pop across the
road and just walk in, catch your NLL train and exit at Highbury. One
trip is recorded for the Tube but the gate at Highbury will simply let
you exit without doing anything to your Oyster Card - simply because
your ticket is valid at Highbury!

Doing this I've managed to record a journey from Colindale to
Finchley Central on a zone 4 only travelcard (I also had a single
but I didn't put that in the barrir) so it really doesn't care about
route.

David