Old December 28th 03, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Cast_Iron Cast_Iron is offline

Default we'll all drown!!

Aidan Stanger wrote:
Steven M. O'Neill wrote:

Cast_Iron wrote:
So there's no alternative to the infernal combustion
engine the oil company's say?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3350715.stm

Epic trip for 'alternative' car

A car that runs on just hydrogen and solar power has
completed a journey through Australia - the first
crossing of a continent for a car of this type.

Where does the hydrogen come from?

Australia, I expect - getting it through customs is more
trouble than
it's worth :-)

The trouble with hydrogen is that it's rather difficult to
store to take with you - either you need some very big
cylinders to put it in, or you need an absorber (which is
quite heavy) or to make it VERY cold so that
it can be transported as a liquid. For this reason we're
not likely to
see many hydrogen powered vehicles soon.

For more information check out sci.energy.hydrogen

Mercedes seem to be managing it.