Old September 8th 09, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] Clive D. W. Feather[_2_] is offline

Default When Tube maps were monochrome...

In message
,
Mizter T wrote:
I vaguely remember various lines, stripes, circles and cross-hatchings
used to distinguish one line from another.

Knock yourself out...
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-print-map.pdf

That's not how it used to be.

District was a string of solid circles. Northern was solid black and
Circle was white with black edges.

Then I think Met was transverse stripes, the way they're showing the H&C
(in those days that was part of the Met, of course). I think Bakerloo
was alternate black and white the way they're showing it while the
Central was a string of triangles. That leaves the Piccadilly, and I
have no memory of what that looked like.

When the Victoria came along, it had diagonal stripes (like the H&C, but
with the stripes at 45 degrees to the borders).

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org