Old September 9th 09, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
plcd1 plcd1 is offline

Default Oyster PAYG: zone 2 to zone 1 via zone 3

On Sep 8, 10:24*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

You do touch in at Stratford on the interchange gateline at the end of
the Jubilee Line platforms and this could register the fact you go
through Zone 3...

I thought I'd tack this on here to save starting a new thread, but has
anyone else heard about a proposal to take the Jubilee gateline at
Stratford out of use? *Standalone validators to be fitted instead
apparently.

I noticed it had been raised in District Dave's forum, but haven't seen
anything formal about it anywhere else yet...

Paul S

On another group someone reported receiving an E Mail from TfL
indicating that the gates were powered down from the weekend and only
people arriving on NR services (so no touch in elsewhere) would have
to touch in (or out) on validators.

My guess it is something to do with the introduction of the routing
validators and more than one price per route as well as recognising
that post Jan 2010 a significant proportion of NR users will have
touched in at their home station (within the zonal area of course). I
doubt the system is designed to deal with two forms of "interchange
logic". All speculation on my part as I have not seen anything else
about this.

--
Paul C
via Google