Old September 9th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default EU lending for Crossrail

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:46:07 +0100
"Paul Scott" wrote:
"DW downunder" reply@newsgroup wrote in message

I'm not sure of the logic of platform doors restricting rollingstock to
dedicated Xrail only; in which case one should be planning enough loading
gauge for well-type DD cars once the eastern and western arms are cleared
through.

The expansion plan is to extend from 10 - 12 cars, the stations are 250m
long for that reason. I'd expect fixed formation trains (rather than 5+5 as

250m long? That'll produce some interesting bunching of passengers down
one end. I doubt many people will spend 3 minutes walking down the length
of the platform.

previously stated), with a Thameslink layout, ie with through gangways. But
be possible, and even if gauging allowed, the dwell times would defeat 24
tph running..

If they had double deckers they wouldn't need 24tph. Even if they're not
planning UIC gauge trains, building the tunnels to UIC gauge would cost little
if anything extra. But this is britain, planning for unforseen future needs is
frowned upon as we all know.

B2003