Old September 9th 09, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Brompton Road to re-open?

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
I think we need some lessons from Spaniards who seem to be able to
build new tram, Metro, rail and High Speed lines in about 3 years from
start to finish - even where they had to be driven through existing
city centres and link to existing lines. Progress in Madrid and
Barcelona seems very impressive - one day I'll get to see for myself.

Hmmmm

Having just spent 4 days in Madrid, the place is like a building site -
and a very unpleasant one at that.

Arrival at Barcelona this afternoon just reinforces my assertion that
they are currently rebuilding Spain.