Old September 10th 09, 09:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob[_2_] elyob[_2_] is offline

Default Weekly and monthly more expensive than daily?

I've just started a commute from Surbiton to Farnborough daily and was
surprised to find that it is significantly cheaper to buy daily
tickets than it is to buy a weekly or monthly ....

Here's my weekly tickets ... PITA ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/elyob/3905742603/

It's £8.40 a day = £42 for a five day week. Whereas it's £56.90 for a
weekly ... that's £15 more expensive. I'm amazed at that, I mean I'm
hardly likely to go there 7 days a week.

So, my question of the day is, how many days in advance can I buy
daily tickets, can I go to the window and ask for a full months worth
of daily tickets? Also, why can't SWT offer a five day solution?

Thanks