Old September 10th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London - Looks Like Fares Going Up

On Sep 10, 12:38*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

[snip]

The 'inflation + 1%', expected to be -0.4%, cannot cause a reduction in
individual PAYG fares anyway for the reasons discussed before, that single
fares aren't high enough and they only use whole 10p steps. So the best that
can be expected is a freeze.

In fact I expect most of the daily caps aren't high enough to go down
either, except perhaps the furthest extremities outside the basic 6 zones....

All good and well, but my understanding is that TfL fares are not
subject to any regulatory regime as such - i.e. unlike National Rail
fares - so the whole forthcoming issue of enforced 'inflation-linked
decreases' (YKWIM!) doesn't apply, at least not to wholly TfL fares.

(The current Oyster price caps are of course set 50p below the quasi-
equivalent Day Travelcard price, though I wouldn't be entirely
surprised if post-January there are two caps - the present one at 50p
less than the Travelcard, plus a cap that includes NR travel and is
set at the same price as a Travelcard. We shall see...)