Old September 10th 09, 02:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David A Stocks[_3_] David A Stocks[_3_] is offline

Default Weekly and monthly more expensive than daily?

"elyob" wrote in message

Thanks for this, I just signed up for both Southern and NXEC websites,
and they are unable to book more than four journeys, so I can't do a
complete week.
--------------
You should find Southern will let you do two 'transactions' which can each
contain four 'journeys', each 'journey' being an outward and return. This is
how I bought eight Brighton-Victoria return trips on 10th July when
Southern were doing 90% discounts on advance purchase tix - I'm using the
last of these tomorrow!

DON'T use the 'save for later' feature (it doesn't work properly), just keep
booking journeys into a transaction until it won't let you enter any more.
The SN site also lets you save the From/To station names and retrieve them
later via a drop-down, but you still have to re-enter the departure/return
time ranges and yes, it's tedious.

D A Stocks