Old September 10th 09, 03:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ticketyboo ticketyboo is offline

Default London - Looks Like Fares Going Up

On Sep 10, 12:07*pm, Mizter T wrote:
Dave Hill refers to Boris saying "Why shouldn't I save up the good
news?" when pressed on the issue during yesterday's Mayor's Question
Time. I dare say the "good news" that Boris is keen to announce is
that agreement has finally been reached with the mainline TOCs that
Oyster Pay-as-you-go will be accepted across all National Rail routes
in London (though it's far from clear that the final deal has yet been
signed - last minute wrangling is quite possible) - the Mayor will
make a massive fanfare of this, and the hope will presumably be that
it takes the limelight whilst the fare rises are shoved backstage.

Yesterday at a technical group in London heard a person from ATOC say
that PAYG on rail in London is going ahead.