Old September 12th 09, 05:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dr J R Stockton[_9_] Dr J R Stockton[_9_] is offline

Default EU lending for Crossrail

In uk.transport.london message , Thu,
10 Sep 2009 17:33:10, Tom Barry posted:

One other benefit of double-deck trains, by the way, is shorter train
lengths for the same capacity (which saves money on station lengths,
but not in the capacity of escalators etc.). That's at the expense of
dwell times, though, unless you do something really clever like having
double-height platforms with doors on the upper deck too (I like the
sound of that, actually).

At busy stations, there can be a lower-deck platform on one side of the
train and an upper-deck platform on the other side. At less busy
stations, rely on the carriages' internal stairs.

--
(c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.