Old September 13th 09, 02:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
redcat redcat is offline

Default London - Looks Like Fares Going Up

John B wrote:
On Sep 13, 2:42 pm, "Chris Read" wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote:

While I understand the desire to make a political point on this issue I

really think they are all being

disingenuous by hinting that if they were in power that "of course"
fares would reduce by dint of the inflation figures earlier this year.
I suspect that faced with the reality of the TfL budget and forecasts
they might well decide differently.

Indeed.

As we are about to enter a period of high inflation, the idea of making

^n't
pricing policy on a 'rear view mirror' basis, against historic inflation
rates, is foolish in the extreme, and would be so whoever was running
London.

Corrected for you.

Srsly, have fares ever gone down?