Old December 28th 03, 01:59 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Miles Miles is offline

Default London Underground travelcard?

Martin Rich wrote:

Are you sure that you need all 6 zones? Most of London's tourist
sights are in zones 1 and 2. If you only expect to make one journey
in a day before 0930 it may be better to buy a single fare for that,
then an off-peak travelcard for the rest of the day.

Thanks for the great info! Looks like we'll need 3, possibly 4 days
zone 1 and 2 but will need to purchase individual tickets to get to/from
heathrow. The 6 zone Visitors Card is $43USD. Doesn't sound like it
would really save us all that much over just buying the 1 day passes and
a couple individual tickets when we arrive at Heathrow.