Old December 28th 03, 02:03 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
tosspot tosspot is offline

Default London Underground travelcard?

"Kat" wrote in message
I believe you buy a voucher which is then exchanged in London at any
tube station for a Visitors T/C.
Couldn't you get the voucher from a travel-agent in person fairly
quickly?
A seven day Travel card will cost you for all zones will cost you
GBP38.30 after the fare increase from January 4th '04
You can use it at any time of day on the underground, buses and
night-buses, Dockland's Light Railway, Tramlink and National Rail within
those zones.
You will also need a photocard. These are easy to get; just take a
passport size photo to any tube station and one will be made up at no
cost.
You should decide if you really need all zones or whether (if you are
making only the occasional journey outside Zones 1 and 2 if it would be
cheaper to buy extension tickets as and when you need them or some other
combination of zones)
You be able to use any sort of travel card on all buses within zones 1-6.
You will also have the choice of buying your 7 day card on Oyster Card
instead of a magnetic ticket by paying a GBP3.00 refundable deposit.

it really excites me when you talk undegroundy.