Old September 13th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default EU lending for Crossrail

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:31:09 -0500, (Mark Brader) wrote:

The upper deck would have to have doors that open about 8-10 feet
(2.5-3 m) above rail level. Which means that if those doors ever
opened outside a station, someone could fall out and break their neck.
I find it hard to believe that safety authorities anywhere would
accept that.

Someone could fall out of a normal train's doors and break their neck
- it's well over a metre, and an uncontrolled fall from that height
could do plenty of damage.

Someone could also fall off a station platform as-is, but this seems
not to happen with any frequency.

Neil

--
Neil Williams