Old September 16th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default New tube map out

Theo Markettos wrote:
Nicks wrote:
Picked up one at an underground station today - new tube map posters
are also up - quite a lot of design changes made! River Thames has
disappeared and zones are no longer shown.

I'm rather puzzled because this article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ered-maps.html

seems to show an 'OLD' map displaying the full extent of the ELLX, but
the 'NEW' map shows the old ELL including river crossing (despite the
river not being shown). Did the Daily Mail get it wrong?

Certainly don't think that OLD map has been out in the wild, the full ELL is
a bit of a giveaway in that respect.

The new map does match some pictures I've seen on various sites, except I've
also seen it without the grid lines. The BBC's version is a bit clearer in
fact: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...9_Tube_Map.pdf

The ELL is shown in the Overground colour, with dashed lines denoting under
construction; but if the point of the map is to show where you can travel as
of today, why is it there at all?

I think it has been pointed out somewhere that the pocket map and latest
wall map are slightly different as well...

Paul