Old September 18th 09, 10:30 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Overground

"Willms" wrote in message

Am Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:00:32 UTC, schrieb 1506
auf uk.railway :

This is something I have wondered for some time. The Overground name
is contrived. The East London Line is a former Underground line
anyway.

It is marketing, and probably a good move.

This could create a brand for urban and suburban railways similar to
"S-Bahn" in Germany and German speaking countries, distinct from
"U-Bahn" resp. "Underground".

Yes, I think the London 'Overground' needs a new brand that doesn't get
confused with other overground trains. The obvious one would be 'Metro'
but that risks confusion with the Metropolitan line.