Old December 28th 03, 09:10 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default we'll all drown!!

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:52:05 -0000, "Mikael Armstrong"
wrote:

"Mark W" s@o wrote in message

"Stimpy" wrote in message
Mark W wrote:
"Cast_Iron" wrote in message
So there's no alternative to the infernal combustion engine the oil
company's say?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3350715.stm

Epic trip for 'alternative' car

I think the UK Government should pass a law to make this technology
compulsory for all company cars.

BMW and DaimlerChrysler are already working on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell

power
as a viable alternative to existing technologies. BMW have suggested

that
they expect to be able to offer such engines within 5-8 years. It's
currently looking like the best alternative to petrol/diesel engines but

it
wouldn't be feasible to make it compulsory just yet.

JOOI, why only for company cars?

I want to punish company car drivers!

Which would mean that companies would just give employees they currently
provide with company cars, allowances to buy private cars with, on a
contract hire arrangement! I'm surprised more don't do it as the company car
tax regime removes most financial advantages anyway.

Mikael

They do, even my company is forcing us to use a lease company they
have set up.

Keith J Chesworth
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk