Old September 18th 09, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Overground

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:03:37 -0700 (PDT), EE507
wrote:

At least the 172s will provide an extra 6m train length. What is the
proposed seating layout? Is this
http://www.therailwaycentre.com/New%...0/DMU_172.html
correct in saying it will be 3+2?

I've not seen or read anything about the layout for GOBLIN other than
the link you provided. Given that LOROL removed some of the 3+2
seating on the 150s to create more space I'm a bit surprised to see
3+2 seating proposed for the 172s. Perhaps it will be limited in
scale to allow more standing space closer to the doors?

All I recall reading is that they will definitely not have the 378's 'tube
style' interior as they want to be able to lease them elsewhere in due
course. I'd presume (in view of the small numbers involved) that they might
just have whatever London Midland and Chiltern are getting...

Paul S