Old September 19th 09, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page[_3_] Clive Page[_3_] is offline

Default Furious Boris orders TfL to restore the Thames on the new map

In message
,
John B writes
So, except for holders of paper Travelcards, the information is
irrelevant for both planning and paying.

It's relevant for a lot of people, like me, who live outside London.

For lots of journeys we have a choice of (a) a rail ticket including a
London 1-day travelcard, and (b) a return ticket to London Terminals or
London Thameslink, and then using an Oyster card for the remainder of
the journey. The decision as to which to use depends on the price of
the journey on Oyster - sometimes one is cheaper and sometimes the
other, depending on which zones one crosses. Many of us are not so rich
that even a difference of 50 pence can be ignored.

--
Clive Page