Old September 22nd 09, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default New tube map out

"MIG" wrote in message

Having now seen one of the large wall maps in the wild, I think that
they way they've included the ELL is the wrongest thing of all.

If they are showing what's currently there, it shouldn't be on the map
at all. If they are showing what's under construction, they should
show the whole thing.

To show a line as it previously was* but never will be again is surely
the most useless possible clutter that they could include.

Is/was there still some vestige of a requirement for the ELL to exist
as part of LU (which also explained the pointless bus services) that
is behind this?

Yes, I was astonished to see the ghost of the old ELL on the new map. As
you say, it's probably something to do with some silly legal
requirement, but I couldn't understand why they didn't show the new line
under construction, just as they've done with other extensions in the
year or so before they opened.