Old September 24th 09, 11:12 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Euston Arch to be rebuilt as nightclub

In message , Chris
Lonsbrough writes

Buses will fit through the Arch and the Bus station will continue as at
present ...

I know the plan drawn up in the 1990s showed that buses could get
through, although with very little clearance (500cm each side, I think).
I wonder if that's still possible with the buses in use today?

There's also the problem that with the arch sited between the
gatehouses, buses travelling eastwards along the Euston Road would have
to swing right across the traffic lanes in order to approach the arch
head on.

Mind you, I have heard it said that the position of the bus station
could change with the redevelopment of Euston, so I guess there's no
certainty that buses would have to pass through the arch.
--
Paul Terry