Old September 24th 09, 05:19 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Euston Arch to be rebuilt as nightclub

E27002 wrote:
On Sep 24, 2:37 am, Tom Barry wrote:

I'm horrified to find myself agreeing with 'Bruce' here, although the
blasted word 'iconic' is overused, as ever. Euston works very well
as a station if you're coming from the underground (but rather less
well if you're on foot or bus) and is an excellent railway station.
Far from
being a deliberate snub to the past, is in many ways a 1960s
reworking
of what the LSWR did at Waterloo 40 years earlier, for much the same
reason.

Waterloo has been a great station. The next "rebuild" gives some
cause for concern. I doubt it will be sympathetic.

I'd be interested to know of any 'rebuild' plans that are available to the
public. AFAIAA all NR's current plans are to do with extending platforms
outside the station...

Paul S