Old September 25th 09, 11:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Overground/Southern line diagrams

John B wrote:
On Sep 24, 6:40 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Do the TfL 'sign standards' allow for the stations dual served by SN
and LO to have all this info on one diagram, or might they have to
two separate maps - which would appear to be a retrograde step. What
is the precedent for when the Bakerloo and Silverlink Metro ran
together on the DC lines - I'm assuming Bakerloo/LO now appear on
the same diagrams?

How does signage work at Shepherds Bush etc, where SN and LO already
share platforms?

I think they just show the 'NR arrows' alongside the Kenny O and Clapham
Junction symbols, (which is what the LO sign standard would suggest). I
think West Brompton and Kenny O haven't had their full LO upgrade yet
though, ie they still have temporary signs.

But the SN WLL service isn't anything like as varied as the current service
in the 'Sydenham Corridor', or at West Croydon. As I said it seems daft to
get rid of useful info just because they are NR services, and complexity
shouldn't be a problem per se, as seen on the multi coloured combined
diagrams showing Met/H&C/Circle at places like Kings Cross...

Paul S