Old September 26th 09, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default Victoria to Balham PAYG

In message
,
D7666 writes

PAYG fares will depend on the zones travelled through, and whether you
use the tube or not, and if I'm reading the table correctly, there
appears to be a discounted fare for Railcard holders as well (assuming
you've got the discount set on your Oyster).

PAYG fares range from £1.40 for a single zone outside Zone 1 (£1.30 for
the "Reduced" rate) up to £6.00 (£4.30 Reduced rate) for 6 zones on
train and tube *including* Zone 1.

What is happening - or proposed to happen - with underground staff
free Oysters ?

No-one seems to be able to tell me. Staff Oysters are not just tube+LO
+bus+tram. For example they are permitted on TL between WHP and E&C
just like regular PAYG Oyster. I am not clear whether if TL is because
of the legacy of fares on this route, or whether it is a a staged
implemenation of Oyster.

My understanding is that the WHP E&C is some sort of legacy thing. I
don't think we're going to be getting any extra entitlement to travel
any time soon (other than, I guess, any LO services which should include
the ELLX when it opens).

Now, what would be handy would be the ability to add PAYG credit to the
staff pass (maybe via a salary deduction even?) and for it to deduct as
appropriate for those portions you don't have Staff privilege to.